Monday, December 17, 2007

Podcasts

I explored the Podcasting at ECU site which did seem to have a lot of information and help links. Unfortunately I wasnt able to play any of the actual broadcasts as my computer didnt appear set up. Did the itunes software need to be set up?
In fact, this became a problem when searching the podcast directories for some sample broadcasts or trying the tutorial - same issue!
However, for some reason occasionally I could connect, and I did listen to a broadcast "Podcast Hotel" with Chris Pirillo. This was a kind of conversation and discussion on why people would want to develop their own podcasts and with various useful tips and practical information, applied more to a business setting.
I had the impression that the Yahoo directory in partcular was more involved in popular and recreationl material. A search on Google, restricting to audio, did retreive some broadcasts on academic library info literacy programmes.

No comments: